LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Essential gets primary school students excited about hands-on STEAM learning. This playful, narrative-based learning experience is part of the LEGO Learning System and encourages students to investigate STEAM concepts while contributing to literacy, math, and social-emotional development.
- 4 relatable minifigures with diverse identities and characteristics foster problem-solving and social-emotional learning.
- Includes 2 Small Motors, a Color Sensor, 3x3 Color Light Matrix, and an intelligent Small Hub with 2 I/O ports, Bluetooth connectivity, 6-axis gyro and a rechargeable Li-ion battery with micro USB charging and connection port.
- 449-piece set also includes a selection of familiar LEGO® bricks and replacement elements for intuitive and easy construction.
- Sturdy storage box with color-coded sorting trays for easy classroom management.
- The SPIKE™ App, featuring age-appropriate icon- and word-based coding based on Scratch, helps develop student coding skills.
- 5 units of 8 x 45-minute, standards-aligned lessons encourage independent STEAM thinking through playful, narrative-based problem-solving.
- Comprehensive teaching resources for each lesson give every teacher confidence to deliver engaging lessons.
Key learning values
- Develop computational thinking skills, including creating and modifying sequences, testing, debugging, and using loops.
- Explore the engineering design process, including defining a problem, brainstorming solutions, and testing and refining prototypes.
- Investigate the scientific concepts of energy, energy transfer, and collision.
- Strengthen oral communication skills as students discuss their experiences collaboratively.
- Engage in narrative-based problem-solving.
- Develop social-emotional language by helping a main story character solve a problem.